Friday, October 30, 2015

The Ring

Ok, I don't know how I'm going to come off sounding by the end of this post. But hopefully you'll understand why I felt the need to write it.

I wasn't lying when I said I only had one "my wedding" dream. But over the course of the last year, I've had probably a dozen "proposal" dreams. And let me tell you, in EVERY.SINGLE.ONE. Austin had picked out the most hideous rings I have ever seen. I'm pretty sure such ugly pieces of jewelry don't exist in real life. But I always said "yes" without hesitation. Because the ring shouldn't matter.
If I've said it once I've said it a hundred times. I would have said "yes" had he proposed with a ring from a quarter machine. Actually, I had him put the ring on my finger before I even really saw it. Everything got so blurry and I got so dizzy that I didn't take it in until about 5 minutes after he popped the question at which point I went even deeper into a dream like state. Because I was also pretty sure rings that looked like they were pooped out by angels didn't exist either.

Several months ago we happened to be talking about how much men are "suppose" to spend on the ring and I actually said "Please don't spend that much money. That makes me sick." What a waste of money that could be put towards your wedding day or a down payment on a house. And I stand by that.

With all of that being said, I LOVE my ring. There is a special place in my heart for this piece of jewelry, and not just because of what it stands for (although that is the main part of it). It's the most beautiful thing I have ever laid eyes on, and it fits my style. I honestly don't know how he was able to pick it out so perfectly. I don't deserve it.

I am afraid sometimes that people will judge me for having such a large ring. Will they think I'm a snob? Do they think I'm shallow? God forbid they think I picked it out myself! 

Austin has been spoiling me for years so I guess I can't be surprised that he has remained consistent throughout our engagement.

So what is the point of this post? I actually know for a fact some people already have judged me just because of the ring but I won't name names. I have a huge, magnificent, shiny ring and I LOVE IT. I will not cease posting pictures on Instagram and Facebook, because I am so proud of Austin for doing an amazing job. I'm flattered he cares so much about me and loves me so much that he can't seem to stop going above and beyond for me. I wanted you to know I post these pictures because I want you to understand the love I feel for this man every time I look at my ring... which is a lot.

I have a big ring... and I'm going to flaunt it.
(I waited long enough for it) ;)


 Photo credit Cora Hopper Donelson
 Photo credit Cora Hopper Donelson
Photo credit Petronella Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment