Sunday, October 25, 2015

Registries

A few weeks ago we registered for wedding gifts. It was exhausting. First we went to Target and signed up pretty quickly and easily. We had a very long list of things to scan from my wedding planner book. Some of the stuff was ridiculous. There was an electronics section with things like flat screen, iPod, computer, DVD player, digital camcorder, etc. There were really over the top (in my opinion) things like cappuccino maker, sports equipment,  gas grill, to name a few. Now of course there is absolutely nothing wrong with any of these things. But we have practically nothing, so we really needed to stick to the basics. It made it really hard to sift through the list though and try to decide "What do we really need?". After maybe an hour we sat down in the cafe and had a soft pretzel and scratched a lot of stuff off the list. I couldn't have done it without my fiance. He was so helpful and sympathetic (I was sick and it tired me out really quickly). He basically took over the list. Crossing off what we scanned, taking notes on things we couldn't find, keeping everything in order so I wouldn't get stressed out. Then the stupid scanner had a stroke and was scanning things multiple times... because we really need THREE ninja blenders!!! That would've been a disaster. I had to go through the whole list and make sure everything was in the right quantity.

We couldn't find towels that we thought were soft enough at Target and there were a few other things as well that they didn't have so we headed on over to Bed Bath and Beyond. It took us like 30 minutes to get started. They sat us down and had Austin fill out a paper with information, then they put it into the computer, and the guy talked a lot and kept breaking from entering the info. So we finally got started and just kinda wandered around at our own leisure. I had fun there because we didn't have much left on the list at this point and that store has some pretty cool stuff. I found a sweet waffle iron, I was really excited about that because I LOVE WAFFLES! We couldn't find a glass juicer, I just wanted the kind you use with your hand. All I could find were stupid plastic ones! So I finally found this....


HOW CUTE IS THAT!?
Ok so this is probably one of those things that some people might look at and be like "Uuuuuh... you don't NEED that."

Damn right... But I WANT it. I wanted to make sure we didn't go crazy or out of control scanning fun or unnecessary items, because there are too many things we really do NEED. But I'm all about enjoying every minute of this and experiencing all there is to experience. And for me that means scanning an adorable juicer, the 80th anniversary edition of Monopoly, and a GIANT incredibly soft throw blanket. 

 I don't know how many of you read these posts, but if you are reading this, please leave me a memory. Either something that really stands out in your mind when you think back to registering. Or maybe something that happened early on in marriage, a silly mistake that you can now look back on and laugh about. I would really love to hear it.

No comments:

Post a Comment