Monday, December 7, 2015

Will You Be My Bridesmaid?

I wanted to think of an original way to ask my bridesmaids to be in my wedding, but I didn't have a lot of extra money to buy them fancy gifts. I've really been trying to work my personality and interests into every aspect of this wedding. So I scoured Pinterest for cute ideas. I couldn't find anything that I really liked that I hadn't already seen before.
I knew I wanted to incorporate Harry Potter. So I started with quotes. I wrote down some of my favorites and some of the more popular ones when it hit me. "Duh... The wand chooses the wizard!" I knew exactly what to do.
So now I was searching all over Etsy for wands. Yes I could have made my own, but I was planning a wedding... I didn't have time for that! So I found this awesome shop (MadDragonStudio) that sold 10 wands for $100. At $10 a wand, that's a really good deal. The shop owner even took special requests so I asked her to add a little purple to them because they were my wedding colors. She obliged and the wands were so adorable! She even packaged them really cute!





Next I found a Harry Potter font online and printed out slips of paper that said "The wand chooses the wizard... And the bride chooses the bridesmaids... Will you be my bridesmaid?"
I wanted to find boxes to put them all in but I am very inpatient and was just way to excited. So I wrapped one in paper and tied it with twine and drove straight over to my sisters house and gave her hers. Then she and I went to Joann Fabrics to look for boxes but what did we find instead? OWLS. Adorable decorative owls. BETTER IDEA! I let my sister pick out which one she wanted and we bought enough for all the maids.



Then we wrapped all the wands in paper and twine with the note inside and tied them to the owls feet. It was so exciting and I felt very proud of myself. Unfortunately I had just made my trip to Pennsylvania to visit my cousins and ask them to be in the wedding with a promise of an official request to come (impatient, remember?). So I packed theirs up in a box and mailed it. My sister and I joked that to make the owls more realistic we should spring load them so they "fly out" when the box was opened but alas... The amazing things we could do if we had more money. Anyways... I think they were well received none the less.


3 comments:

  1. OH MY GOSH! I'm NOT into Harry Potter (I know, I know!) but this is freaking adorable! I mean, it's so custom! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who did you buy the wands from on Etsy?

    ReplyDelete